Thursday, November 18, 2010
WHAT'S INSIDE THE KAABAH
Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi is the president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA). He had the opportunity to go inside the Ka`bah in October 1998. In an interview with Sound Vision, he described the following features:
• there are two pillars inside (others report 3 pillars)
• there is a table on the side to put items like perfume
• there are two lantern-type lamps hanging from the ceiling
• the space can accommodate about 50 people
• there are no electric lights inside
• the walls and floors are of marble
• there are no windows inside
• there is only one door
The upper inside walls of the Ka`bah were covered with some kind of curtain with the Kalima written on it
The Ka`bah has been reconstructed up to 12 times. Scholars and historians say that the
Ka`bah has been reconstructed between five to 12 times gradually over the period of time!!!
The very first construction of the Ka`bah was done by ProphetAdam (raa. Allah says in the Quran that this was the first house that was built for humanity to worship Allah.
The black stone at Kaaba is held sacred and holy in Islam and is called "Hajre Aswad" from the Sanskrit word Sanghey Ashweta or Non-white stone. The Shiva Lingam is also called Sanghey Ashweta. So the big Q?? Is what's inside the Kaaba the same as what Hindus worship elsewhere?? Only God knows.
Posted by JOE CHELLIAH @ JOHAMI ABDULLAH at 1:09 PM