Saturday, February 21, 2015

MY MUSIC - THEN & NOW



My music has been a continual change since I first started playing on stage in 1960.  During this time I have played all sorts of music - country, Malaysian folk, cabaret /dance, jazz, rock, dangdut and what not.

Listen to this recording of my music in 1965 here. 

Now all this was over a period of about 35 years between 1960 and 1995 when I more or less gave up active on-stage performances and went strictly into managing entertainment events. Now that I am 70 I wanted to leave an impression of what sort of music I played last compared to, say, the Malay  pop music of the 60's which I had recorded commercially and for which I am mostly remembered.

By 1993 I was already playing the keyboards and piano solo ( a one man band concept - no midi files though) and performing with some good singers like Azizah Basri for gigs.  Here is what we sounded like here.


In 2002 I was invited to put a jazz band together for a 60 min program for Astro on "JAZ"....and I manged to get a good band together and performed for the last time as a big band leader....here



So listen to this singles album that we completed in January 2015 with the help of my music industry friends....all are top-notch musicians who have helped add a little class to my music.  Listen to it here


No comments: